The mission of the Disaster Services Corporation is to model the charism of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul by providing quality programs and services to families and communities impacted by natural and manmade disasters across this great nation.
Our vision is a self-sustaining corporation which guides and directs Vincentians to provide person to person emergency assistance and support services to victims of natural and manmade disasters.
Our core values are:
- RESPECT - Demonstrated by the belief that all people are children of God.
- TOLERANCE - Demonstrated by recognition of our own imperfections and the imperfections of others.
- SPIRITUALITY - Demonstrated by our faith in God, hope for our future, and love of all people.
- JUSTICE - Demonstrated by advocacy for issues affecting the poor.
- DIGNITY - Demonstrated by the respect with which we treat people.
- EMPOWERMENT - Demonstrated by teaching self-sufficiency and life skills.
- STEWARDSHIP - Demonstrated by prudent use of all resources, respecting the wishes of donors.
- COMPASSION - Demonstrated by empathy, understanding, and ministries of hospitality
"Strength lies in differences, not in similarities." - Stephen R. Covey
Disasters do not discriminate, nor do we. We are diverse. We are inclusive. We help everyone possible under our program. We celebrate humanity in good times and bad. We are continuing to build a culture with multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives advancement. We are constantly growing our platform and developing our people. We welcome uniqueness and strive for the best possible outcomes for our clients. Come join our team!