Disaster Services Corporation-Society of St. Vincent de Paul USA (DSC) recently completed our work in the Hurricane Harvey Consortium Disaster Case Management Program called: Project Comeback Texas.
Project Comeback Texas was a FEMA funded Disaster Case Management Pilot led by the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NVOAD). Five major NVOAD organizations participated in the leadership role of the program. Disaster Services Corp provided the financial oversight for the program and:
- Successfully served 4,215 cases in 17 Counties in Texas
- Worked with a new platform called DART for tracking client data
- Accessed numerous resources from NVOAD partners, other community organizations, and local Long Term Recovery groups
- Implemented virtual Disaster Case Management
- Provided training and guidance on the financial requirements of federal contracts and internal compliance on the financial deliverables
“Project Comeback Texas was a very successful Disaster Case Management Program, as NVOAD utilized the expertise of its consortium members to effectively manage the Disaster Case Management Program. DSC was a key partner in helping with the financial management of the program and by delivering quality Disaster Case Management services to 17 Texas counties” stated Elizabeth Disco-Shearer, CEO of DSC-SVDPUSA.